Transforming The Way You Experience Education
Our process begins by reaching out to our extensive network of educators, teachers and professional administrators. Candidate’s background, education, specialties and pedagogical strategies vary so that we can match you with the best teacher meeting your student’s needs.
Our selection process:
- Specific skill matching of resume to needs of student
- Initial interview for credentials and personality check
- Reference check with 3 professionals
- Second interview with Novel’s CEO for compatibility
- In-depth background check
- Formal tutoring training: Generalized to include teaching strategies and skills
- Formal teaching training: Includes Laurel Springs management system
- Interview with the family and student
Frequently Asked Questions
What ages can apply?
We service grades PreK- High school students, as well as tutoring for college students. The youngest age we accept is 3 years old.
When can I enroll my student?
We offer rolling enrollment, meaning you are able to start the school year when it’s most convenient for you.
How long is the school year?
We run on a typical 10-month school year; two 5-month semesters. However, students are able to complete courses in an expedited 2.5 month timeline if necessary so it’s possible to complete a year of school in 5-6 months time.
What time are classes?
Students have full autonomy to set their schedule of when their schooling works best for them. We offer different tiers of teaching with the minimum amount of time being 3 hours per week. The standard seat time for one-on-one instruction is 3 hours per day, 5 days per week.
Can I have multiple teachers?
Yes, depending on what subjects you are interested in pursuing we can provide different teachers.
Does Novel’s program comply with my state’s Homeschooling laws?